~Natural Healing With Organic Northwest Herbs~






Friday, April 15, 2011

Today is "Feature Friday" and I would like to introduce you to my new friend Kristin and her lovely shop!!

~1. What is your name?
202 Designs by Kristin Etherington




~2.Where are you located?
Ankeny, Iowa, US




~3.Tell me a little about yourself and how you got started doing what you do?
Well, everything actually happened quite suddenly! I am a newly wed (June 12, 2010 was the big day!) and my husband and I are living the apartment life filled with WHITE WALLS! So (since we are also poor newlyweds) I decided to start painting my own home decor to fill up those empty walls! Pretty soon my walls were overflowing with artwork and my husband was begging me to get rid of some of it. So, I started showing my friends to see if they wanted some, and was quickly talked into starting a shop on Etsy! My husband bought me a ton of canvas' for christmas, and before I knew it my shop was open for business. Now I can paint all day and my home decor is constantly changing!

~4.What type of items would I find in your shop?
I sell trendy, original paintings for your home at very affordable prices. Also, I have just started selling some great notecards for all occasions!



~5.How long have you been crafting?
I officially started this past January - but I've always loved my arts and crafts!

~6.What inspires you the most to create?
Just everyday finds. When I'm out shopping or looking through magazines, or wherever I'm at I am constantly taking pictures or tearing out pages to start putting ideas together for my next painting or notecard!

~7.What is the one "must have" item you need with you when you create?
My trusty paintbrush. I have one certain paintbrush that I love! I remember using it in high school as well - I don't know what I'd do if it was ever misplaced!

~8.What is one of your favorite items from your favorites list on Etsy?
Hmm.. that is a tough one! I think it would be one of these bowls www.etsy.com/listing/68456227/textured-lace-bowl-in-lime-green-hand from OneClayBead. I love this shop!

~9.When you aren't crafting, what do you do?
• I am a full-time graphic designer for Iowa Health – Des Moines: I love my job and my amazing co-workers!
• Just recently I have picked up biking, so if it's nice out I tend to be riding with my husband.
• I also love my church and more importantly my relationship with Christ. My husband and I are very involved in our church because of our love for Christ, so its possible that you will find us hanging out at Lakeside on any given weeknight! www.lakesidefellowship.com


~10.Where can we find your shop?
I would love it if you would take a look at my sites!
Etsy: http://www.202designs.etsy.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/202designs
Blog: http://www.202-designs.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/#!/202Designs

1 comment: