~Natural Healing With Organic Northwest Herbs~






Thursday, February 17, 2011

Being a Work-at-home Mom is hard but worth it!

Ever since I decided to be a Stay-at-Home Mom, back in 2007 when I made a conscience decision to start my own business, I new it was going to be a challenge, but I saw its worth so I was up for it!

Aria is 10 months now and my business has been steadily picking up since that day. I strive to provide Organic Bath, Beauty & Home items that we not only use here at home, but that others can enjoy with their family as well. It seems unreal to me that I get the option to raise my daughter at home. I say option, but really, I didn't see any other way. My husband and I have cut back tremendously on our extra spending, I am still making everything from scratch that we eat like I have before, but less driving & commuting helps save A LOT! Also not purchasing anything new by keeping the items we do have in good working order by taking good care of them! Cutting back from the household spending is the #1 way to start your way to saving or working the dream job you have always wanted.
Changing your outlook on life has something to do with it too:) Looking back at how your Grandparents lived through the depression is a good example of "being thankful for what you have" and "making the most of everything" could be incorporated into life today. For example, I still have the same 20" TV I got as a gift when I was 17 and the same stereo (the only stereo!) I got for my birthday when I was 12!

I am 31 now going on 32 and it still works like a charm! I have moved many, many, times with it, and it still plays a single CD at once, and even has a double tape deck for when I want to drag out my old tapes from my childhood and listen to them:)
I do have a cell phone, don't get me wrong, but I do choose the hardiest phone I can buy when I am forced to buy a new one! Not usually by choice but because my has broken from old age! My last phone I had for 3 1/2 years! It was a top of the line at that time, but I wasn't going to spend money on a new one if I didn't have to. My current one is going on its 3rd year of life and still going strong:) And my reply to Verizon is, "No thanks, I like my phone just fine. I don't need an upgrade until this one breaks!"
So, as I embark on another day of being a Stay-at-home-Mom, I remember what a wonderful life my daughter is getting with me being able to stay at home with her and teach her the ways of life living on less with a smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment