~Natural Healing With Organic Northwest Herbs~






Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring is here! New soaps ready April 19th!!

So all this talk about "Where is Spring?" etc.... And guess what, it is HERE!! I don't mind the little rain drops falling, it helps my herbs grow! I also don't mind the coolish not cold weather, it is great for waking you up in the morning. Plus the fresh air can't be beat! So I wanted to share with you some Spring Pics of the farm! Each Spring and Fall my Rhubarb starts sprouting up again:)


I think the leaves look kind of prehistoric, especially when they get gigantic! Here is a pic of a few stalks coming up and a leaf bursting out of the pod like a baby chick pecking out from an egg!





Here is a picture of the California Poppies coming up. The leaves have these little hairs all over them!




Don't forget the Cows! Always grazing out in the pasture, dotting the green grass with brown & white!





Now the moment you have all been waiting for...... My new soaps! Today I will tell you about my VERY popular Organic Almond soap and how it is made!




First I take 1 1/2 cups of Organic Raw Almonds and soak them overnight in Mountain Spring Water which makes it easier to peel their skins off.




Then I take the time to peel each and every one of the almonds skins off and separate them out.



Now I am ready to make the Homemade Almond Milk out of them. I use the Homemade Almond Milk as my water ingredient as well as reincorporate the almond mush that is left over from the milk making. I dry the skins out till they are crispy. I grind them up fine and add them back in at the end of the soap making process so it not only adds an interesting speckled color, but works as a very gentle exfoliant to help get rid of dead skin!!

Stay tuned for the next "Soap Reveal" and "How its Made" when I review my Organic Oatmeal Honey Soap that contains real Local Beeswax & Local Honey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment